- Click here for the Google Maps link to Ocean Blue B&B
- The address is 9a Murrawal Road Stanwell Park NSW 2508
- Please check the RMS website for further details and updates.
- If you are coming by train then the Sydney Trains is your best guide
- Limited garage parking is available and encouraged for you to use at Ocean Blue B&B. On street parking is also available.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please read our terms and conditions before your stay.
CHECK-IN AND CHECK-OUT TIMES
Normal check-in is from 3pm (1500) and Check-out is at 11am (1100).
THINGS TO DO
- For the adventurous Hangliding Oz and Adventure Plus Paragliding can show you the area from the ultimate ‘birds eye view’
- For surf enthusiasts Essential Surf and Skate School may be the go
- A stroll along the Sea Cliff Bridge is a must
- If ‘unofficially’ exploring some of the old tunnels interests you, check out Helensburgh Historical
- Bush Walking and Hiking: there are many fantastic walking trails to enjoy from Ocean Blue B&B, right on the door step of the Royal National Park
- Special Note: There are fantastic walks to enjoy around here. I encourage all walkers to download the what3words location finder App. In case of an emergency or accident this App will help you pinpoint emergency services exactly where you are located. The App is free and ‘three words’ could be very helpful to you in the unlikely event of an accident.
- Check out the new Royal National Park bus service for alternative ways of getting through the park.
- Harley Davidson Tours – A fun and unique way of experiencing the area – more details – Just Crusin Tours
- Also check out the local bush walking information Walking Trails
- The Grand Pacific Walk (Stage 1) from Stanwell Park to the Sea Cliff Bridge is as good as complete. Ocean Blue B&B is located right on the walk! It really is a beautiful experience not to be missed! Grand Pacific Walk
Art & Crafts
Education and Interest
- Inside Industry Tour – This is a educational opportunity to see heavy industry from the ‘inside’. A stark, but fascinating contrast to Stanwell Park. for details please check their website.
- Discover the Darkes Forest area with a visit to Darkes Forest Orchards. Sample some amazing products and learn ‘all about apples and more’ check their website
Indulgence – you know you deserve it!
What could be more relaxing and appealing than a private massage in your own suite while chilling at Ocean Blue B&B. Why not contact Sarah Jensen, a local remedial Massage Therapist & Nutritionist. Once you have confirmed your accommodation reservation reach out to Sarah on 0400 642742 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sources of Info
PLACES TO EAT – Local Café and Restaurant Guide (please confirm exact opening times due to Covid Restrictions)
- Loaf Kitchen: near the corner store (Licensed only) – Open 7 days from 6am to 4pm for breakfast, lunch and afternoon tea. Ph: 0499 285 623
- Hargreaves Café: on the corner of Stanwell Avenue near Articles Art Gallery – Open from 6am – 11am weekdays and 7am to evenings at weekends. Their Fri/Sat night burger dinners are great. Ph: 0435 599 443
- Mexican & Indonesian Café: Called Uluwatu Blue it is located on the corner of Stanwell Avenue near Articles Art Gallery – Open most days plus evenings Fri to Sun – occasional live music. Ph: 0434 013 504
- Earth Walker Café at Coledale is a new and very exciting organic café – Open most days for breakfast, lunch and afternoon tea. Ph: 02 4622 1684
- Bostin Brewing Café: can be found in the park on the northern end of Stanwell Park beach. The food is good and the setting is lovely.
PLACES TO EAT – Restaurants in surrounding areas – please make a reservation as booking processes have changed for most restaurants.
- Stanny Temptations – Thai Cafe/Restaurant open 5pm to 8.30pm every night except Tuesday Ph: 0478515165
- Red Nectar: 1/121 Parkes Street, Helensburgh (Licensed only). Ph: 02 4294 9361
- Raya Thai Indonesian: 115-119 Parkes Street, Helensburgh (BYO – there is a bottle shop opposite the restaurant). Ph: 02 4294 9222
- Gallardos Pizza (will deliver to Stanwell Park) – Ph: (02) 4294 8889
- Old Siam: ‘Amazing’ Thai food 2/2 McCauley Street, Thirroul (BYO and Licensed). Ph: 02 4268 0888
- South Sailor : Seafood restaurant 216 – 218 Lawrence Hargrave Drive, Thirroul. Ph: 02 4268 6008
- Franco’s Pizza Bar: Stunning Italian restaurant 1/382-384 Lawrence Hargrave Drive, Thirroul. Ph: 02 42671653
- Shahi Aroma : Indian Restaurant 382-384 Lawrence Hargrave Drive, Thirroul. Ph: 02 42682244
- Para – ‘Amazing’ Eastern Mediterranean style food – 258 Lawrence Hargrave Drive Thirroul Tel: 02 4268 5546
- Jose Jones – Australian produce & wine feature here 222-226 Lawrence Hargrave Drive, Thirroul Tel: 0483092719
Hotels and Clubs
- Tradies Club: 24 Boomerang Street, Helensburgh. Ph: 02 4294 1122
- The Scarborough Hotel: 383 Lawrence Hargrave Drive, Scarborough. Ph: 02 4267 5444 lunch venue – check their opening days with them.
- The Headlands Hotel: Cnr Headland Avenue & Yuruga Street, Austinmer. Open every day for lunch and dinner – great bistro food Ph: 02 4200 1099
- Imperial Hotel Clifton – Fantastic food, drinks and welcoming staff. Open every day for lunch and dinner No bookings required
GETTING AROUND – Taxis
There are few taxis in the Stanwell Park/Helensburgh area.
- Andrew, from FORWARD DRIVING, is available for local trips as well as airport or city transfers. His contact details are M: 0416 244 580 Landline: 1300 FWDDRIVE or email email@example.com. If you think you need his services please call him well in advance as he is in high demand!
- Helensburgh Ride Share 0421 112250
- Wollongong Taxis Service Wollongong Radio Cabs. Ph: 02 4254 2111
Where to buy Wines/Beers etc. in Stanwell Park
There is licensed bottle shop – Stanwell Park Cellars in the village next to the corner store. Good selection and great prices.
Weather – what to pack?!
Click here for the local weather forecast.
Ocean Blue Accommodation Gift Vouchers
Looking for a ‘different’ gift experience for a relative, friend or someone special? Please see the Gift Voucher tab to self generate a gift voucher. A quick call to us will enable us to validate the voucher for you to ‘print and present’.
Any Other Questions?
Feel free to contact me if you have any other questions or require further information.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Covid19 – Bookings are accepted from double vaccinated guests.
Q: Do you have a hairdryer?
Q: Do we need to bring towels and bedding?
A: No, your suite is fully made-up. Bath and beach towels are provided for you.
Q: Do you allow any animals ?
A: Sorry – no.
Q: Can I park my car onsite?
A: Yes, onsite car parking is available and encouraged. Public transport and walking is also encouraged.
Q: Can vehicles be driven into Baird Park (in front of Ocean Blue?
A: No, the park is a vehicle free zone as per Council signage.
Q: Do you provide free WiFi?
A: Yes! Just ask for the access key
Q: Do you provide Netflix, CD and DVD library?
A: Yes, each suite has access to Netflix plus there are about a 100 DVD’s and CD’s to choose from.
Q: Do you have an ABN?
A: Yes – ABN 81 247 700 603
Q: Are your registered on the NSW Short Term Rental Accommodation
A: Ocean Blue B&B is registered with the NSW Government. The property ID is PID-STRA-2745
Q: Are you a fully licensed and insured B&B?
A: Yes Ocean Blue B&B is a fully licensed and approved B&B by Wollongong Council. Insurance is provided by APIA insurance.
Q. What is the physical layout of Ocean Blue B&B
A: Ocean Blue is a large architectural pole home built on a hillside with a magnificent view over Baird Park towards the ocean. There are 21 steps down from the garage though native gardens to the entrance hall. The house itself is built over 5 decks. The Beachcomber and Sandpiper suites occupy their own deck and the Garden Suite is located on the main living deck.
Spa operation – please note for the comfort and enjoyment of all our guests the spas pumps are requested not to be turned on after 10.00pm or before 7.30am.
Q: Is smoking permitted at Ocean Blue B&B?
Ocean Blue is a completely smoke free B&B and smoking is not permitted anywhere on the property.
- Your Safety Around the Property
Please take care when moving around the property, especially in wet weather. Be aware that the driveways, paths and steps may be slippery. Please wear appropriate footwear for the weather conditions and use the handrails. In very heavy rains, Baird Park and Lower Coast Road may become water logged or impassable. Please check with me if you are unsure of current local conditions or check the government weather service BOM or RMS for up to date road service information.
In the bush fire season (Nov to Mar) we will brief you on our evacuation plan should this need to be activated. There are emergency exit maps around the house – please read them to become familiar with your exit plan.
2. Fire Evacuation Plan
Ocean Blue is fully equipped with fire and smoke detectors and emergency evacuation lighting as per NSW Fire regulations. In the unlikely event of a fire evacuation, your assembly point is either at the Surf Life Saving Club on beach or if access to the beach is not available, please assemble at the Bush Fire Brigade station at the junction of Lawrence Hargarve Drive and Murrawal Road. T
To reduce the risk of fire, you are respectfully asked not to smoke or use any flammable accessories such as candles, tealights etc. Please read the Fire Information Sheet available in your suite.
3. Covid 19 Vaccination Requirement
All guests are required to have full documented certification of their Covid19 vaccinations
Stanwell Park is located in the land of the Dharawal People and you can learn more here Dharawal People.
The village is inextricably linked to the development of aviation in Australia and around the World as it was once home to Lawrence Hargrave. In fact, Ocean Blue B&B overlooks the beach from which Hargrave was lifted ’16 Feet’ off the ground using the famous ‘Box kite’ on 12 Nov 1894. There are numerous memorials to his achievements around the village and on Bald Hill, which is now home to para-gliding and hang-gliding experiences. Qantas, Australia’s largest airline named its 5th A380 aircraft in Hargrave’s honour.
Naturally, if you have any other questions, please feel free to contact me.