- Click here for the Google Maps link to Ocean Blue B&B
- Our address is 9a Murrawal Road Stanwell Park NSW 2508
- Please check the RMS website for details and updates of road closures or road work
- If you are coming by train then the Sydney Trains is your best guide
- On-site & garage parking is available and encouraged for you to use at Ocean Blue B&B
- Special Road Update – We are getting a new & safer road! Please note that from 09 Jun to 04 Aug 2020 inclusive, the northern access to Stanwell Park via Lawrence Hargrave Drive on the Bald Hill section will be closed. This work is being done by the RMS to upgrade and make stable the road into Stanwell Park. During that time we will still be open for business and the access to the village will be via Bulli Pass and the beautiful northern villages culminating in crossing the stunning Sea Cliff Bridge. (The views from here across the coastal edge of the Royal National Park are breathtaking!) Further details on the road upgrade can be found on the special RMS webpage.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please read our terms and conditions before your stay.
CHECK-IN AND CHECK-OUT TIMES
Normal check-in is from 2pm (1400) and Check-out is at 11am (1100).
THINGS TO DO
Art & Crafts
Education and Interest
- Inside Industry Tour – This is a educational opportunity to see heavy industry from the ‘inside’. A stark, but fascinating contrast to Stanwell Park. for details please check their website.
- Discover the Darkes Forest area with a visit to Darkes Forest Orchards. Sample some amazing products and learn ‘all about apples and more’ check their website
Sources of Info
PLACES TO EAT – Local Café and Restaurant Guide
- Loaf Kitchen: near the corner store (Licensed only) – Open 7 days from 6am to 4pm for breakfast, lunch and afternoon tea. Ph: 0499 285 623
- The Palms: in the articles Art Gallery complex (BYO) – Open Thur to Mon for breakfast, lunch and afternoon tea. Ph: 02 4294 3371
- Hargreaves Café: on the corner of Stanwell Avenue near Articles Art Gallery – Open from 6am everyday days for breakfast, lunch and afternoon tea. Ph: 0435 599 443
- Mexican Café: Called Uluwatu Blue it is located on the corner of Stanwell Avenue near Articles Art Gallery – Open most days plus evenings Wed to Sunday. Ph: 0434 013 504
- Earth Walker Café at Coledale is a new and very exciting organic café – Open most days for breakfast, lunch and afternoon tea. Ph: 02 4622 1684
PLACES TO EAT – Restaurants in surrounding areas
- Renzettis – our local Italian restaurant in the village centre Ph: 42944443
- Red Nectar: 1/121 Parkes Street, Helensburgh (Licensed only). Ph: 02 4294 9361
- Raya Thai Indonesian: 115-119 Parkes Street, Helensburgh (BYO – there is a bottle shop opposite the restaurant). Ph: 02 4294 9222
- Para Thirroul: Eastern Mediterranean tapas style 258 Lawrence Hargrave Drive, Thirroul. Ph: 02 4268 5546
- Old Siam: Amazing Thai food 2/2 McCauley Street, Thirroul (BYO and Licensed). Ph: 02 4268 0888
- South Sailor : Seafood restaurant 216 – 218 Lawrence Hargrave Drive, Thirroul. Ph: 02 4268 6008
Hotels and Clubs
GETTING AROUND – Taxis
There are few taxis in the Stanwell Park/Helensburgh area.
- Andrew, from FORWARD DRIVING, is available for local trips as well as airport or city transfers. His contact details are M: 0416 244 580 Landline: 1300 FWDDRIVE or email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you think you need his services please call him well in advance as he is in high demand!
- Helensburgh Ride Share 0421 112250
- Wollongong Taxis Service Wollongong Radio Cabs. Ph: 02 4254 2111
Where to buy Wines/Beers etc. in Stanwell Park
There is licensed bottle shop – Stanwell Park Cellars in the village next to the corner store.
Weather – what to pack?!
Click here for the local weather forecast.
Ocean Blue Accommodation Gift Vouchers
Looking for a ‘different’ gift experience for a relative, friend or someone special? Please see the Gift Voucher tab to self generate a gift. A quick call will validate the voucher for you to ‘print and present’.
Any Other Questions?
Feel free to contact us if you have any other questions or require further information.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q: Do you have a hairdryer?
Q: Do we need to bring towels and bedding?
A: No, we have both bedding, bath and beach towels for you.
Q: Do you allow any animals ?
A: Sorry no – We have a Maine Coon cat who will be here to greet you. Note: She does not come into your room, even if she wants to!
Q: Can I park my car onsite?
A: Yes, onsite car parking is available and encouraged. Public transport and walking is also encouraged.
Q: Can vehicles be driven into Baird Park (in front of Ocean Blue?
A: No, the park is a vehicle free zone as per Council signage.
Q: Do you provide free WiFi?
A: Why yes! Just ask for the access key
Q: Do you provide Netflix, CD and DVD library?
A: Yes, each suite has access to Netflix plus there are about a 100 DVD’s and CD’s to choose from.
Q: Do you have an ABN?
A: Yes – ABN 81 247 700 603
Q: Are you a fully licensed and insured B&B?
A: Yes Ocean Blue B&B is a fully licensed and approved B&B by Wollongong Council. Insurance is provided by GIO insurance.
Q. What is the physical layout of Ocean Blue B&B
A: Ocean Blue is a large architectural pole home built on a hillside with a magnificent view over Baird Park towards the ocean. There are 21 steps down from the garage though native gardens to the entrance hall. The house itself is built over 5 decks. The Beachcomber and Sandpiper occupy their own deck and the Garden Suite is located on the main living deck.
Spa operation – please note for the comfort and enjoyment of all our guests the spas pumps are requested not to be turned on after 10.30pm or before 7.30am.
Your Safety Around the Property
Please take care when moving around the property, especially in wet weather. Be aware that the driveways, paths and steps may be slippery. Please wear appropriate footwear in wet weather for the conditions and use the handrails. In very heavy rains, Baird Park and Lower Coast Road may become water logged or impassable. Please check with us if you are unsure of current local conditions or check the government weather service BOM or RMS for up to date road service information.
In the bushfire season (Nov to Mar) we will brief you on our evacuation plan should this need to be activated.
Stanwell Park is located in the land of the Dharawal People. The village is inextricably linked to the development of aviation in Australia and the world as it was once home to Lawrence Hargrave. In fact, Ocean Blue B&B overlooks the beach from which Hargrave was lifted 16 Feet off the ground using the famous ‘Box kite’ on 12 Nov 1894. There are numerous memorials to his achievements around the village and on Bald Hill, which is now home to para-gliding and hang-gliding experiences. Qantas, Australia’s largest airline named its 5th A380 aircraft in Hargrave’s honor.
Naturally, if you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us.